- I was feeling like I wanted to treat my older son to something special, so I offered to take him to a movie. However, the movie he wanted to see was Thor: The Dark World which is no longer in theaters. I located a nearby $1.30 DVD through Redbox, and the two of us enjoyed a lovely evening together doing exactly what he wanted.
- I got a sudden craving for fish tacos the other night, so I decided to go hit up a local food cart so I could dissect the recipe. However, I didn’t make it over there yesterday and instead threw caution to the wind and made it up as I went along. And man-o-man were they good! I know any purist would have found fault that we used flour tortillas, concocted our own sauce from yogurt, lemon juice and Sriracha and had lettuce instead of cabbage and cilantro. But I was able to use what we had on hand, and they were both frugal and mouth waveringly delicious! Sadly, no leftovers.
- I’m starting to think about what my son is going to need for his month long trip to Sapporo this summer, and I’m happy to report that we mostly have everything we need. Luggage, clothes and gifts for his host family, and since this is our family’s 7th exchange trip to Japan, I already have my set omiyage gifts in mind. Very excited for him!
- I took a few minutes yesterday to re-hem my favorite pair of jeans which were looking straggly.
- I will be spending some time with my mother today helping her with a project, and in return she’ll feed me.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.