- My older son had his four wisdom teeth out yesterday, which was quite the experience. Luckily he seems to be doing well so far. How is this frugal? The office staff had given us an estimate of $900-$1000 for the procedure after insurance, and it ended up only costing $190. You know I paid that bill on the spot!
- I picked up two-and-a-half gallons of milk from someone in my buy-nothing group yesterday. I brought her a bouquet of hydrangeas from the garden as a thank you, which she seemed to really appreciate.
- I needed to have very soft food for my son to eat yesterday. I hadn’t prepared anything ahead of time, so I bought small containers of macaroni-and-cheese and mashed potatoes with gravy from the deli. But I also bought the ingredients to make larger quantities from scratch, which made it much cheaper, (and frankly better) than if I’d purchased enough for the whole family.
- My husband was given a $10 Safeway gift card as a thank you for working an overtime shift.
- My friend Lise sewed a cool laptop sleeve for my older son and won’t accept any money for it. She is soon to be the recipient of some homemade jam and future goodies!
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.