- I stopped at Whole Foods after dropping my son at school this morning. (Just a few blocks from his high school.) I took advantage of their 25¢ coffee promotion, which apparently has been running all month. How have I not known about this until now?! Anyway, I am now properly caffeinated, yet still able to afford my mortgage. Win-win!
- I’m planning a day of food prep, and will be throwing a couple of lasagnas into the freezer, as well as mixing up a new batch of kale pesto. Having backup meals for busy days is always a frugal thing, as it keeps us from getting takeout or succumbing to ready made meals. Plus it simply opens up my day when I’m not having to deal with meal prep.
- I put together a Craigslist listing for a cool rolling art storage system that I picked up from the Medford, Oregon Goodwill. They sell for as much as $150, so the $9.99 price tag was a no brainer. Gotta keep adding to the college fund!
- My husband and I treated our college student son to a delicious breakfast at the Morning Glory restaurant on our last day in Ashland, Oregon. The meal with amazing, but also filling enough that we ended up not stopping for food during our five-hour drive back home. We did have bananas from the motel’s skimpy continental breakfast, which helped when we started to get hungry.
- I spent the weekend catching up on sleep and puttering around the house, which meant I didn’t spend any money beyond a few groceries for a specific meal. Our main entertainment was to walk to the elementary school for a clear view of last night’s lunar eclipse.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.