- I brought home a perfectly good towel that someone had dropped next to the New Seasons Market near my house. It was the second day that I’d seen it, so I figured it was fair game. I washed it in hot water and it’s now neatly folded and ready to either go back to college with my son, or simply serve as a backup for home use. My sister once brought home a washed up towel from the beach that she jokingly calls “gift from the sea.” I’m calling this towel, “gift from New Seasons!”
- I earned a massive hourly wage yesterday by being put on-call and then immediately being called back to work, I earned a $25 Paypal gift card from Swagbucks and I’ll be cleaning one of mother’s guest cottages later in the week.
- I spent $12 filling the tank of my Prius, which will be the last gasoline purchase for the month. I budgeted $100 and spent only $80 on both cars. It wasn’t that long ago that a single tank of minivan gas was setting me back almost this amount. Love these lower gas prices!
- I picked up a stainless steel fork on The University of Oregon campus and will use it for school/work lunches, as I don’t like to send our nice silverware out into the world.
- I picked up two gallons of milk from someone in my buy nothing group, and brought her cut hydrangeas from my backyard as a thank you. Click HERE to find if there’s a buy nothing group in your area.
Now your turn. That frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.