- I brought leftovers as my work lunch, even though it wasn’t an exciting meal. I’d made a black bean chili and added rice, which was fine at the time, but became extremely dry as it sat in the fridge. I could have added water to reconstitute it, but instead I took one for the team and ate it is-is. Of course I drank the free crappy coffee and drank the lovely free tea.
- I filled another empty milk jug with water for our chest freezer.
- I mailed a card to my uncle for his 90th birthday. I used a blank card from my stash of thrifted and garbage picked greeting cards.
- I cleaned one of my mother’s guest cottages on Friday, although this’ll be the last one for awhile since the upcoming tenants are staying for a full two months.
- I had a very satisfying conversation with a friend’s husband, who is a garbage collector. (He had no idea that I’m The Non-Consumer Advocate.) I unabashedly geeked out over his stories of perfectly good stuff that people put out as garbage. My favorite was a wealthy doctor on his route whose wife wanted new furniture every few years. His family scored a new looking set of leather furniture. I could have talked to him for hours!
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.