- My husband, younger son and I all had yesterday off from school/work, so we forced ourselves out of our comfy yet sluggish home in search of fun. Keeping an eye on the budget, we treated ourselves to delicious $6.50 falafel wraps and then redeemed a gift card for Burgerville milk shakes. Lastly, we hit up a local arcade/fun center. Luckily, we had a coupon which gave us both free entrance plus $6 in free nickels. Two ways that we stayed frugal was to order $6.50 ala carte instead of $13.00 plates, and we chose the less expensive chocolate/vanilla/strawberry milkshakes instead of the chocolate hazelnut/cherry chocolate/triple berry. Plenty indulgent, but our money stayed in the bank, yo!
- I scheduled another consumer opinion panel, which pays $125 for an hour-and-half of my time. As I did last time, I’ll show up early to be entered in the $25 early bird drawing. (Which I won last time!)
- I only have one scheduled day at the hospital this week. However, I’ll be coming in for a mandatory 4-1/2 hour unit meeting on Thursday. I may ask if I can spend an additional couple hours chipping away at my endless continuing education.
- I picked up our bicycles from my Airbnb friend. (I’d rented them out to her weekend tenants.) My friend has refused a cut in the past, but I was able to get her to take three unopened packets of fancy origami paper that she can use for her art students.
- I mended my favorite pajama pants, I made squash soup from squash that I bought over a month ago, I roasted the seeds for a delicious snack, I defrosted a gallon of $1.39 milk that’s I’d bought on clearance and I paid the bill for my son’s $535 wisdom teeth panoramic X-ray, but only after appealing our insurance’s refusal to pay,
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.