- I served delicious yet frugal burritos that featured red peppers from the scratch-and-dent produce shelf at The Grocery Outlet. (I had to cut a small soft section from one of the peppers, but that’s it. 99¢ for two red peppers, plus a head of broccoli.) I cooked the black beans in the crock pot and shook out the last crumbly bits from a bag of Juanita’s tortilla chips for extra crunch. Yup, living frugally is a terrible sacrifice.
- I darned a sock for a co-worker while watching the last few episodes of Jessica Jones last night. This is my version of “Netflix and chill.”
- I received my third every-other-week paycheck of the month today, which is always an enjoyable payday. Frugal is great, frugal plus extra income is amazing!
- My husband will be spending a few days at the Oregon coast with his family to celebrate his father’s 80th birthday. I’ll be sending him with a cooler of food and pre-prepared meals to minimize the restaurant action. Eating out is special and to be savored, but not when it’s every meal.
- I brought my own food for every work shift this week, I enjoyed my library books while wearing my Dollar Tree reading glasses, I listened to Dave Ramsey podcasts while puttering around the house, I gave away some unworn socks through my buy-nothing group, I submitted another Clark Howard article, I cut my husband’s hair and I didn’t buy a Lear Jet.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.