- My husband and I have our taxes almost ready to file. Instead of owing money, as we have over the past few years, we’re actually getting money back due to having paid college tuition in 2015. Also, I was extremely specific with last year’s Goodwill donation receipts which allowed us to realize impressive full deductions. Thank you, TurboTax!
- I completed another Clark Howard piece, (which won’t run until later in the week) and will work both Wednesday and Thursday at the hospital. February is looking to be a nicely profitable month.
- I stopped at The Grocery Outlet on the way from dropping my son at school this morning. I filled three grocery bags for only $30. Nice stuff too.
- I mended an ancient potholder that had a thin burn-tastic spot in the middle. It looks a little odd, but I was able to extend the life of this object and avoid a purchase. Plus, really . . . who cares what my potholders look like.
- My husband stopped at the Dave’s Killer Bread outlet store to buy a dozen loaves of their addictive bread. This brings the price down to $1.99 from $5.49. Good thing we have a chest freezer!
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.