- I stopped at The Grocery Outlet on the way home from dropping my son at school this morning. I bought four bags of groceries for $19.53. This included cereal, yogurt, tortillas, ice cream, pasta, artichokes and frozen pierogis. I then popped into Fred Meyer for kale, as it’s $1.49 per enormous bunch vs. $2.50 for Safeway’s small bunch.
- I worked yesterday, although only half a shift as there aren’t that many people who wanted to schedule an induction or a cesarean section on February 29th. I puttered around the house and then worked on a Clark Howard piece to make up for the lost income.
- I helped my mother clean one of her guest cottages on Sunday. I brought home an almost full box of Brill-O pads and a half-bag of sugar. It was a longer than normal cleaning as the tenant didn’t know how to wash dishes, (everything was either smeary or slightly crusty) and I ended up hand washing every single dish and every piece of silverware. This woman will not be allowed to return.
- I discovered that the made-for-TV movie Final Justice was available to watch for free through Amazon Prime. This otherwise forgettable movie is significant because the production company used my father’s house as the interiors for the main character’s home. I enjoyed my son’s surprise when he suddenly recognized his grandparent’s kitchen. Although the movie is pretty terrible, the two main actors (Michael McKean, A.K.A. “Lenny” from Laverne and Shirley and Annette O’Toole) did meet during the filming and have been married ever since.
- I finished up the last of the black bean burger mush, I chose 69¢/lb oranges instead of $2.99/2-lb Cutie tangerines, I’m mending a torn duffel bag, I put together our March budget and I didn’t buy a Lear Jet.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.