- I took a quick trip to Fred Meyer this morning to pick up Tillamook cheese, as it’s on sale for $4.99 per 2-lb brick. I’ll likely stop in a few more times this week, as the expiration date is around six months out. I also picked up a $1.39 gallon of 1% milk, which was nearing its expiration date. We usually buy whole milk, but I make an exception when it’s so deeply discounted. #WhatAmIaRockefeller?
- I hung three loads on laundry on the clothesline at the same time, which may be a record. It took a lot of hangers and doubling up on a few lightweight things like fleece blankets, but in the end, everything was dry. I know this probably only saved me around a dollar, but it gives me great pleasure, plus our clothing lasts a heck of a lot longer.
- I finally listed my thrifted Lane table that I refurbished. I’ll be sad to see it go, but we’re about to pay out an enormous amount of college tuition for the fall term, so any bonus money will be welcome. I also signed up for a month of hospital shifts yesterday, which was much simpler as I no longer need to work around the kids’ schedules. Sniff . . .
- I darned a pair of my son’s socks which had two holes and one about-to-be hole. It took awhile to complete, but I had Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in the movie Sisters to keep me company.
- I stopped into a fancy women’s clothing consignment store the other day, as they always have a basket of free hangers for the taking. My son will need these for his dorm room, and the way I figure it, every dollar saved is an extra dollar for tuition, room and board.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.