- Our weekend was very centered on my 16-year-old son’s soccer schedule, plus a Portland Timbers season opener game last night. I made sure to be very deliberate with meal planning so that we wouldn’t succumb to mindless takeout. I set up a fun burrito bar yesterday at 2 P.M. that incorporated leftovers and ensured that no one could possibly get hungry while at the soccer stadium.
- While at the Saturday night indoor soccer futsal game, the facility manager bought beers for my husband and I as a thank you for the work my husband does to organize the high school league. (This is actually a pretty common occurrence, as my husband does a lot of volunteering and tends to drink free all over town.)
- My husband worked on Saturday to complete a DIY plumbing repair that he started last year. It’s still uncompleted and there’s been a proclamation that “I am never going to do another project on this damned house!” DIY = frugal, but DIY can also = a never ending fount of frustration. Poor guy.
- I took out everything from the shelf in my bedroom closet which included sheets and purses. I’m donating a couple still usable sheet sets to Goodwill, as well as all the flat sheets we never use. Scrappy torn up sheets will go to textile recycling and one fake Kate Spade purse went into a free bin on the curb and was quickly snapped up. Now everything in the closet is stuff we actually use and no longer piled to the ceiling. (We have no linen cupboard.)
- I found a knit black headband on the ground at the soccer field, which I brought home and laundered.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.