- Saturday night’s dinner was a little of this, a little of that in order to clear out the refrigerator and avoid food waste. But worry not, no one was served an old crusty bottle of mustard, as there were multiple previous meal tidbits. Not one of us was served the same meal, but everyone left the table satisfied. On the menu was pizza, lentil soup, chicken drumsticks, and egg salad. It created some elbow room in the fridge, freed up a few Pyrex containers and fed us all perfectly.
- I cleaned one of my mother’s guest cottages and brought home peanut butter, frozen peas, a half-bottle of wine and a mini quiche.
- We’ve been driving our new Prius instead of the mini-van which had always been our first go-to car. It’s now been weeks since we’ve bought gasoline!
- My husband was planning on attending the opening game of the Portland Thorns women’s soccer game over the weekend, but would’ve been late to the game due to his own soccer game. Instead he sold the tickets, which put an extra $20 back into our pockets.
- I batched errands this morning to stop at Fred Meyer to pick up loss leaders, (eggs, milk and butter) and to look at some historic photos that a friend had told me about. I then stopped at my father’s house to visit with him. I’m listened to a library audiobook of The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant and am planning on spending the day getting my house in order and working through a big to-do list. I will buy nothing.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been doing?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.