- I shampooed an Ikea rug that I’d pulled from a trashcan in my father’s neighborhood. My younger son wants it for his room, so we’ll go ahead a sell the too-small one he’s been using.
- I have people coming to the house today to buy soccer tickets and a children’s table.
- We haven’t eaten out once this month, nor have I bought anything unnecessary this year.
- I picked up two Dave Ramsey DVD’s and one of his books at the library; and I received a notification that the newest Judy Blume book is waiting for me. (Love Judy Blume! One of my happiest childhood moments is when in 1978 I went to a Judy Blume book signing in London. Maybe eight girls attended, all of us Americans!)
- A blog reader came to the house to pick something up and brought me a bag of fresh cilantro and scallions. I gave her a bouquet of hydrangeas and a written list of the best thrift stores.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.