- My NYC vacation has been mostly low key so far, with today’s highlight’s including taking my sister’s puppy to The Northshore Animal League on Long Island, taking my nephew to his track practice and walking the dogs around City Island. Luckily, the company is exceptional and there are next to no shopping temptations. (I did sneak in a walk around Washington Heights featuring a tasty falafel and a café con leche with “solo un poquito de azucar.”
- I’ve found 44¢ on the ground so far on my trip, which will be added to my found change challenge jar.
- Our plans for tomorrow include cheering for the U.S. Women’s World Cup soccer team at their ticker tape parade, taking my sister’s other dog to the vet and sailing on the Long Island Sound in my brother-in-law’s boat.
- We did a big grocery shopping trip to Trader Joe’s instead of eating out.
- I didn’t buy a Lear Jet. You know . . . because of New York City’s sales tax.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.