- I cashed in my Found Change Challenge jar as we’re gathering any and all available money to send our older son off to college. It contained $23.21 in coins plus $26 in bills, which added up to $49.21! Not quite enough to fund a year of college, but not a bad addition either.
- I Craigslisted a small black and white striped rug that had been in my younger son’s bedroom. I sold it for $15, even though I’d bought it years ago at Goodwill for only $10. It was replaced by one I pulled from a garbage can and shampooed back to life. Buy low, sell high, people.
- My husband was given an extra ticket to tonight’s Portland Thorns women’s MLS soccer game. Our team includes a few members from the U.S. World Cup champions, and there will be a special ceremony at the game. I expect there will be many tears of happiness. (And not just because of free tickets.)
- I checked out two books from the library today. Judy Blume’s In The Unlikely Event and Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace Revisited.
- My son had a friend over this afternoon. I served home popped popcorn drizzled with honey butter and bottles of icy tap water. I also prepared a large quesadilla. Just because my sons are teenagers doesn’t mean they require expensive and unhealthy junk food.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.