- I drove to Costco yesterday to cash my annual American Express Costco rebate. I was handed $322.23, and walked out with a jug of honey and a 42-pound bag of cat litter. I also topped up the gas tank, even though it only needed five gallons. The price of gas is always cheaper at Costco, so even a few gallons of gas is worth it. Needless to say, I partook of the free food samples and then walked past the food court.
- I stopped at a few thrift shops on the drive home and picked up a couple of items. I bought a 29¢ antique Ball canning jar and a cheap stack of Noritake Marguerite plates, which I will resell on eBay. How did I know to buy these bargain plates? I did a Completed Listings search on eBay through my iPhone.
- I took a pair of hand-me-down Lucky Brand pants that were too long for my son and hemmed them. My older son does not like jeans or anything tight, so finding him pants is a never ending struggle. He now has a free brand new looking pair of pants that he’s willing to wear, and they’re even custom tailored!
- I snuggled up with son the other day to watch a library DVD of Argo. The movie was fantastic, (although I may have added a few extra grey hairs from the dramatic tension.) I love that my sons are now old enough to watch adult movies. I can’t get enough of all those free library movies!
- I picked up a free tub of chocolate chip cookie dough from Papa Murphy’s while walking home from the grocery store. We have a fat stack of these free coupons which we use infrequently enough to keep it as a treat. (They give them out at Timbers games, and my husband’s vegan friends always give us theirs.) We baked a dozen last night as a treat, and the second dozen for today’s school lunches.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been doing?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.