- I took my older son and one of our former Japanese exchange students to go hear my sister’s band The Moonshine last night. It was a special free gig that fit perfectly into our schedule, and the owner told us that our non-alcoholic drinks “Were on the house!” Sweet!
- I read on Pinterest that you can put your vacuum cleaner filter through the dishwasher. I was a bit skeptical, but since I’ve simply been cleaning ours with a rubba-scrubba since 2001, I thought I’d give it a try. And it worked great, and looks as good as new! And since a new filter costs $15, this was a great discovery! (Note, I did not wash any dishes with the same load.)
- Sunday was a very busy day with soccer and errands. Not to mention that I was still ridiculously exhausted from having driven nine hours the previous day. It would have been sooo easy to order takeout for dinner, but instead I pulled a pan of restuffed potatoes from the freezer and all was well. I gave last week’s Katy a little thank you, perhaps even out loud.
- I took a pot of red pepper hummus back to New Season’s for a refund. The texture had been weirdly pasty and everyone (including me) refused to eat it. Yes, it had been bought for Super Bowl Sunday, but that made no difference. I left with $3.50 in hand, which I promptly popped into the boys’ college fund.
- I did not buy a Lear Jet.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.