Here are five little things that have been filling my days:
- I am back on the ball with the 52 Weeks, 52 Letters Project. I sent a letter to my beloved aunt Anne in Florida, and decided to count a gift package I had mailed to Ashley of Small Measures.
- I bought a new pack of lettuce seeds to replace my old ones which had not germinated. Am now looking forward to picking my dinner instead of shopping for it.
- I’ve been thinking about the episode of Morgan Spurlock’s 30 Days, where he and his fiance try and live a month on minimum wage. You can watch it on YouTube or on your Netflix.
- I’ve been reading Modern Muse’s Plastics Purge blog posts. Julia Park Tracey is trying to spend a month seeing if it’s possible to eliminate plastics purchases. She’s on day three so far. It’s not easy.
- I canned strawberry jam last night. I used the recipe from Ashley English’s Canning and Preserving book. Unfortunately, I was highly distracted with family stuff at the time and overcooked it. Not gift-worthy, but still edible.
What have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without”