Today is my last day on the East Coast and by tonight I will back in Portland, Oregon, warm and snug in my own bed. I’ve had an amazing trip visiting with friends Gretchen Rubin, Gretchen M. and Marie Javins in New York; and then hanging out with my college friend Jennifer in Boston and then hanging out with her family in New Hampshire.
And the best part is that I’ve been able to have a freaking blast without buying any souvenirs.
Here’s what I didn’t buy:
- Maple candy shaped like the state of New Hampshire.
- A “I ♥ NY” T-shirt.
- Any licensed sport apparel related to New England Patriots, Boston Red Socks, NY Yankees or NY Mets.
- A knock-off designer purse from a sketchy guy.
- A mug from Bubba Gump Shrimp.
- An Al Roker bobble-head.
Here’s what I did buy:
- Four used but perfect looking (and clean) 25¢ handkerchiefs from a church thrift shop in Keene, New Hampshire.
Cause that’s now The Non-Consumer Advocate rolls.
Thanks again to The Today Show for inviting me to New York and inadvertently acting as my travel agent.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.