I’m day four into a week long trip to visit with my sister in NYC, and although that sounds very exciting, it’s mostly engaging in the same kind of activities that I would be doing at home. For example:
- I taught my sister to sell on eBay so she can start to sell the excess cool stuff that she and and her husband don’t really need in their home.
- We stopped at her local library to pick out books. (I got the newest Marian Keyes book.)
- We shopped at Goodwill after buying groceries at Trader Joe’s. (I bought a lovely Lord & Taylor gift for my mother!)
- Our plans today include going to the main library on Fifth Avenue for an official (and free!) tour. You know the library, it’s the one with the famous lion statues!
- We’ll walk over to the Mood Fabrics store to geek out over Project Runway. And why yes, I will say “Thank you, Mood” when I leave the store!
- We’ll then walk down to the Herald Square Macy’s to be herded through Santaland and get our picture taken with Santa. I worked there as an elf in 1988, so it’s not just David Sedaris who knows all the behind the scenes machinations and shenanigans! I’m excited to bring back the memories.
- Although we’ll grab lunch, it’s likely to be something simple, maybe Korean food?
Note a trend? Nothing is expensive, a lot of our activities are free and I’m not planning on shopping as an activity.
It’s just me, in another city, pretty much doing what I do at home.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.