- I drove my kids to school and then picked up my free public transportation pass from work. (Value = $744!)
- Dropped my 1997 Subaru Outback at the mechanic for a serious look-see. It became gutless, and the check engine light came on while I was on the freeway yesterday. It was a harrowing ride, to say the least. My mechanic is somewhat pricey, but they’re the most honest, skilled, sustainable and community minded business possible. When we took our mini-van in last year for what we thought would be a pricey repair, they researched the problem and found that it was a recall issue, and sent us to a dealership, so the repair was free! They also once talked my husband out of a tune-up. I ♥ them.
- Talked to my older son about working together to clean and reorganize his bedroom. I already have some great ideas that just involve repurposing some of the things to make better use of his storage. He was surprisingly open to the idea.
- Made school lunches for my sons, which is our regular routine, and saves us thousands of dollars per year.
- Am looking forward to going to lunch with my father this afternoon.
- Am recalling my day at work yesterday, where I helped two different families welcome their babies into the world.
- Am appreciating my husband who is a Take Care of Business kind of guy. It involves rats in the basement, and I won’t burden you with the details.
- Am anticipating that the becoming-a-one-car-family decision may have been made for us without our permission.
Car problems, rodent issues and messy teenage bedrooms. My life is unbearably glamorous!
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.