Today I am . . .
- Home after working the last two days.
- Thinking about playing a round of “What can go to Goodwill?” and filling a few bags for donation. And then going into the store itself to photograph weird stuff for a blog post.
- Laughing at this post.
- Excited for my personal behind the scenes tour of Goodwill next week.
- Thinking about the concept of “breeding discontent.” Without it, nothing would ever go out of style and no one would feel bad about their perfectly functional things.
- Reveling in the silence of my home.
- Planning on participating in some humdrum activities such as kitchen cleaning, laundry washing, meal planning and general organization. But thinking I’ll try to do them in the moment and without distraction. It’s hard in the beginning, but I always end up daydreaming in ways that sharpen my mind and passively problem solve any issues going on in my life. (Essentially, I’m doing all the dull stuff today so that the next few days can be more enjoyable.)
- Thankful for my world which includes healthy family members, paid for cars, thrifted clothes and furnishings, Tyrion Lannister and cozy blankets for chilly rooms.
Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.