Today I am . . .
- Home from work.
- Scheduling a free haircut for tomorrow through our local fancy schmancy beauty school.
- Planning on taking the bus so I don’t have to pay to park in the fancy schmancy downtown neighborhood.
- Pulling out a tub of miscellaneous papers to organize and shred. (Isn’t it unbelievably satisfying to shred stuff?!)
- Staying warm under a thick fleece blanket so I can heat just myself instead of an entire 100-year-old house.
- Buying a Groupon deal which is for a $10 Starbucks ecard for only $5. (My husband buys Starbucks, so he might as well save a few bucks.) Note, this deal has already reached its limit. Sorry.
- Still really, really relieved that my husband was not injured in his car accident. But also bummed about my 1996 Subaru Outback being totaled.
- Kind of tickled that our insurance provided rental car is a Mini Cooper. Wheeeee!!!!!
- Wishing I had an extra $10,000 set aside for a new-to-me car.
- Guessing that the insurance company will be giving us a paltry amount for what was an amazing car.
- Happy that I sold a garbage picked table and chairs for $20.
- Thinking I should go outside and rake up the leaves while they’re still dry, but also wanting to stay inside where it’s warm and cozy. Ahh . . . the dilemma!
- Planning on taking my 19-year-old son out thrift shopping for some winter clothing, as he requested. You know . . . after he wakes up.
- Going to experiment with making pizza in cast iron pans for tonight’s dinner. (We have three pans and only three of us here for dinner tonight.)
- Hoping to not burn myself with scalding hot cast iron pans.
- Going to wear the same pair of jeans I’ve been wearing for too many days to admit to. No need to wash them too often and have them wear out.
Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.