Today I am . . .
- Picking up a $26 check from the kids’ consignment shop. I’d brought in my son’s collection of Starbucks Bearistas a few months back, which of course had all been from Goodwill to begin with.
- Annoyed that I forgot to stop by The Dollar Tree on my way home since I want to mix up a double batch of ginger snaps and their molasses is cheaper than at the grocery store.
- Pleased that I figured out a good Hanukah gift for my fifteen-year-old nephew. I bought him two pairs of what I call “The Nike Placebo Socks” (Nike Elite sports socks) as I know my sister is too practical to ever fork out $18 for a single pair of socks. Then again so am I, so it’s good I have lots of Amazon $5 gift cards from using Swag Bucks. I’m still going strong on my Zero Dollar Christmas!
- Happy to receive my “Free Turkey or Ham” gift certificate that my employer sends out every year. I always get the spiral-cut ham since it’s something I would never normally splurge on. Plus I stretch that thing within an inch of its life!
- Enjoying my Christmas tree, as we discovered a nearby lot where every tree was priced at twenty bucks! Gotta love living in Oregon!
- Looking forward to tonight’s episode of Project Runway All Stars. You know I’m a fan of Portland’s own Michele Lesniak!
- Super super bummed that I spilled a fair amount of my leftover soup from eating out with my father yesterday. I had deliberately eaten very lightly so that I would have enough soup leftover to share with the kids, so spilling even the cup or so onto the floor was a stab in the heart. And especially because it was from Jade in Sellwood, and their food is worth more than gold!
- Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.