Today I am . . .
- Making pumpkin scones, as I wanted to bake something and the recipe doesn’t call for any eggs. (We’re all out.) I enjoy that I’m using the pumpkin puree from our run of the mill Halloween jack-o-lanterns.
- Enjoying the warm Portland weather that allows me to keep the furnace off. I love how quiet the house is without the hum of the furnace.
- Making a plan to sell my childhood coin collection at a local coin shop. Nothing is worth enough to piece it out on eBay, and I really have zero interest in holding onto it forever.
- Totally grooving on my husband working on a basement plumbing project that’s been sitting dormant for at least a year. (DIY is certainly budget friendly, just not part of any zippy timeline.)
- Going to my son’s soccer game in the late afternoon and giving two scrappy blankets to another parent who will use them for her dogs.
- Returning my Redbox movie from yesterday. It’s no bargain to use a free code if it’s not returned on time.
- Going to sort through and organize all of our sheets. I did the KonMari decluttering method for my clothing, (keep only what “sparks joy”) but my closet shelves hold too many sheets and ruin the tidy effect. (We have no linen closet, so our sheets and towels are stored in odd places throughout the house.
- Listening to a library digital audiobook of The Hoarder in You by Dr Robin Zasio. (By the way, I am not a hoarder, but I find it all fascinating and certainly inspiring to keep my house in order.)
- Plan on making The Frugal Girl’s fish cakes for tonight’s dinner. I have some frozen white fish fillets were were less than ideal when cooked plain, but should be just fine when mixed up for fish cakes.
- Probably going to watch a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls on Netflix with my older son. (He says he hates the show, but he gets mad if I watch an episode without him or not pause it when he runs to the bathroom.)
- And not much else. A typical day here at Casa Wolk-Stanley.
Now your turn. What non-consumer-y things are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.