Today I am . . .
- Selling a rug on Craigslist. It’s from my younger son’s room, and was replaced by one I pulled from a garbage can and shampooed back to health. I originally paid $10 at Goodwill, and I’m now selling it for $15. By only buying used, my family’s household goods appreciate instead of going down in value.
- Starting a three day staycation by staying in one of my mother’s guest cottages across town. Not only will this cost me nothing whatsoever, but we’ll get all the relaxing benefits of a mini-vacation without the stress and worry of packing correctly and leaving the house unattended.
- Happy that I put the effort into throwing a few heat-and-eat meals into the freezer for my husband and younger son. My younger son and I will be in NYC for two weeks, and the hubby and older son both work full time and odd hours. This way they can eat regular meals that aren’t served at 10 P.M. I hope they don’t get too sick of baked ziti and enchiladas!
- Taking the laundry off the clothesline that stayed up overnight. Portland’s weather has been crazy hot and dry this summer. Good for laundry, bad in the long run.
- Pleased to have two more Ikea meal voucher coupons from the back of last night’s Timber’s reserve soccer tickets.
- Off to run errands.
Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.