Today I am . . .
- Happy to have brought our own meals while flying from Portland, Oregon to NYC.
- Moved by my library copy of Beverly Cleary’s On My Own Two Feet, which came in just in time for airplane reading.
- Proud of my son who quietly read his library book while flying amongst passengers who stared at their digital devices.
- Really, really hoping that my eBay Birkenstocks get mailed to my sister house by the end of the week, as I only brought a single pair of shoes with me.
- Super duper bummed to that the thunderstorms between Dulles and Laguardia airports cancelled my already-on-the-tarmac flight and stranded my son and I at the airport until our 6 A.M. flight.
- Pleased that we’re flying into JFK instead of Laguardia, as it makes it possible to take the subway close enough to my sister’s house for her to come pick us up. I had resigned myself to the cost of a $40 cab ride, so this will work better. (Although by the time we land, I may collapse into a cab.)
- Relieved that we chose to not check any luggage. It pays to have minimalist tendencies, as all the passengers who’d checked their luggage were freaking out.
- Bringing review copies of books and a fancy-but-from-Goodwill American Girl nightstand as gifts to my ten-year-old niece. (And bringing my son as a gift to my fifteen-year-old nephew.)
- Already tired, but with four hours to go until our morning flight.
Update: We finally flew out at 6 A.M. and I put my sorry tuchus into a taxi and blew $73 on a cab including the tip. My Birkenstocks came today and sadly were the narrow footbed instead of the described mediums. We didn’t sleep at all, and I think I might be a hummingbird at this point. (<— Apu reference.) Tomorrow is a new day.
Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.