- Your favorite recent purchase was actually a curbside find.
- Your answer to your child’s question of “Why are our kitchen sponges so small?” is “What are we, Rockefellers?!” (This is because you cut sponges into half or even thirds!)
- You’re careful to properly care for your belongings because you know that your thrifted belongings are better quality than what you could buy new.
- The advent of sunny weather signals a mass laundry day.
- Your gardening decisions are based on what you can get for free.
- You mend items others would just throw away, like underwear.
- You have a hard time getting rid of stuff, because you see how most things can be repurposed.
- You look forward to leftover nights.
- You flip through fashion magazines and laugh at them.
- Your batched errands include such highlights as “the cheap gasoline” and “my favorite thrift shop.”
Now you. How do you know you’re a Non-Consumer? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”