- My friend Lise dropped off a half-bag of litter that her cat didn’t like. I’ll mix it into what I’m currently using.
- I stopped off at my father’s house to help myself to some firewood. (It’s an open offer that I only take advantage of a couple times per year.) It’s nice to have a fire in the fireplace during Thanksgiving, so nice and cozy. I don’t have any kindling, so I’ll forage in the backyard for windfall.
- My favorite fleece gloves are looking super grubby, so I’m going to soak them in knockoff Oxyclean to brighten them back up. They’re in otherwise perfect condition, so this avoids a new purchase.
- I baked up an organic pumpkin and then pureed the flesh for pumpkin pies. (I got the pumpkin from my buy nothing group.) I roasted the seeds, supposedly to put out on Thanksgiving, but someone is finding them too delicious. For those wondering what variety of pumpkin to use, it was a normal pumpkin. I always bake our Halloween pumpkins, and they’ve always turned out great. It doesn’t have to be a specific variety.
- I brought a work lunch of scratch cooked black beans, rice and toppings, I dropped off plastics recycling, I found a dime from the ground and I worked a full 12-hour shift yesterday by choosing to stay to do dull but well paying online education.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.