- I’d been unable to book the one nice and affordable motel in the pricey tourist town where my son attends college until today. (We’ll drive down to pick him up for dorm move out day in June.) How did I do it? I called 3-4 times per week until someone finally took pity on me and put my name on a waiting list. Someone cancelled their reservation, which prompted the clerk to call me up. We now have the room booked, which is excellent since it’s directly across the street from the dorms. Squeaky wheel got the room.
- I called my son and asked him to save up his cafeteria guest passes for us. Not free by any means, as we paid dearly for that meal plan, but we’ll make good use of them during our stay.
- I cleaned one of my mother’s guest cottages today, and took advantage of being near a post office to mail off my Marimekko duvet cover. I’m still awaiting payment for the shoes I sold, so I’ll have to mail those out separately. I did pick up the perfect size Priority Mail box for the shoes while at the post office.
- I wrote and submitted two Clark Howard pieces which helps to pad the ol’ college fund.
- I stopped into the pay-by-the-pound Goodwill Outlet store near Ikea and bought three items for a grand total of 44¢. I bought a bandana, a jar lid with cool vintage lettering and a fabric iPad case which I’ll sell.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.