I have occasionally been doing a gratitude list through my Twitter account, and it has been a worthy exercise. But what I really like to do is make lists of what makes me happy. What’s the difference? Well . . . I am grateful for the health of my family members, but I am happy that dinner was completed and even cleaned up by 6:00 P.M. tonight. Sometimes the two intersect, but sometimes they are miles apart.
Today’s Happiness List
- The Cookie Monster cupcakes that I made for my son’s birthday party yesterday were so cute, yet were a total last minute endeavor. Huge hit. Huge!
- I get to watch three full hours of Lost and Lost related hype tonight. Hurley, Sun, Jack, Sawyer, Jin, Charlie, Desmond, Kate, Claire and everyone else. ♥ Lost.
- The arcade that I took my son’s birthday guests to let us all in for free, all eleven of us. Saved us $27.50!
- Found two nickels on the ground at the arcade.
- My neighbor brought me a beautiful rose from her garden.
Happy. What’s your five?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without”