nivo total station teodolit hiperaktivite Fabulous Frugal Find — Rejuvenation Light Shade

Fabulous Frugal Find — Rejuvenation Light Shade

by Katy on September 3, 2011 · 13 comments

In Portland Oregon, you go Rejuvenation lighting for your old house, or you hide your head in shame. Okay, perhaps I’m stretching the truth a wee bit, but Rejuvenation lights are specifically designed to coordinate with old Portland-style homes. So much so, that their light fixtures are all named after different streets and neighborhoods. The only problem is that their locally made products enjoy a hefty price tag that reflect their fantastic quality and how well their employees are treated.

Good for them, too rich for my blood.

I have splurged on a few of their items through the years, but for the most part, it’s been out of our budget. So imagine my delight when I found an awesome Rejuvenation glass shade sitting on a Goodwill shelf marked at the low, low price of $2.99. (Keep in mind that they tend to run around $50.) And for those of you who may wonder how I recognized it, it still sported its original Rejuvenation sticker!

I brought it home and it fit exactly on our porch light, (which was from the Rejuvenation seconds department) and I do believe is looking mighty fine.

But why tell when I can show?

Daytime

Nighttime

I love finding great deals on items that help my house look its best. I know it’s not the most important issue in the world, but it’s just so much fun to figure out how to get the look I want while hardly spending any money.

Do you have a Fabulous Frugal Find to share with readers? Please send an e-mail to nonconsumer@comcast.net with the information about your find, as well as a photo of you with said find.

Katy Wolk-Stanley

“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without”

Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.

Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.

{ 1 trackback }

Fabulous Frugal Find — Chandelier and Vanity Chair
February 21, 2013 at 4:01 am

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Jessica Wolk-Stanley September 3, 2011 at 8:52 am

Score!

We are school supply shopping today…in my office supply cabinet. Just letting you know that we might be living in the big apple, but we are still keepin’ it real.

2 Mindy September 3, 2011 at 10:18 am

Wow, what a score! I could drool over their catalog for hours!

3 Shannon Breen September 3, 2011 at 6:56 pm

LOVE Rejuvenation! That shade is gorgeous.

4 Katy September 3, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Thanks, I’m rather fond of it myself. :-)

Katy

5 rosa rugosa September 3, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Hey Katie, out here in Boston, Rejuvenation is still my first stop for lighting products. I would say you truly scored!

6 Laurie Garbarino January 27, 2012 at 6:17 am

Rosa, Is there a Rejuvenation store in Boston? I looked on their website, but didn’t find one.

7 Reese September 3, 2011 at 8:32 pm

In my past life, I was a copywriter for a company that bought last year’s models of…. everything under the sun. I wrote the “Home and Gift” items, and often got to write witty, clever and descriptive blurbs for lighting. Alot of the styles from Rejuvenation, as it turns out!

I decided to pop over to the site to just see what they had nowadays, and came across this beaut: http://www.rejuvenation.com/fixshowC761/templates/selection.phtml.

Even if that were marked down to $2.99, I don’t think I could bring myself to buy it. Just not the type of look I’m goin for. But I will agree, their stuff is very well made! I’d say that you got a grand bargain with that gorgeous find of yours :)

8 Kathy September 3, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I have this bat light and it is my absolute favorite! I’ve had it for about 15 years now (I think). I saw it and knew it was the right light for the top of the stairs on the 3rd floor (my home theater room) in my historic house. It is always a hit on the house tours and with guests. I see this wonderful fixture everyday and feel so blessed to have such an unusual piece.

9 Katy September 4, 2011 at 7:12 am

I love the bat light, it always makes me smile when I go to the store.

Katy

10 Kathy September 3, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Great deal! I love Rejuvenation! I’ve been shopping Rejuvenation for 30 years now. I’m a contractor specializing in pre- 1930 houses and always use their lights in my historic houses if I can’t get the real thing. The right light and shade really does make the home. Their products are worth every penny.
I love their store on Grand here in Portland, but I still miss the old feel of the old North Portland store.

11 Kris September 4, 2011 at 3:03 am

Fabulous find, it looks beautiful!!

12 Angela@MyYearWithoutSpending September 4, 2011 at 10:10 am

Incredible deal! I love Rejuvenation and that light looks perfect.