- I helped my mother clean out one of her guest cottages last night. I brought home a Starbucks star code for my husband, a bag of lunch-size paper bags for making microwave popcorn, a new-in-box ceramic grinder that I can sell, (it still has the $24 price tag on it!) and ten rolls of single-ply toilet paper that my mother would never put out for her luxury tenants. Do I know how to party, or what?!
- I posted in my Buy Nothing group asking for any uncarved pumpkins, which I can then bake up, puree and freeze. I got a reply from a woman who has an organic one to share. Yum!
- Dinner last night was just my husband and myself, so I baked up a couple of small tilapia fillets from the freezer and heated some leftover rice. Delicious, simple and decidedly frugal.
- I edited and re-listed a couple of Craigslist posts to make sure they were in the correct categories and had optimal photos.
- I will drive to Costco today where I will buy yeast, baking soda, rice and gasoline. (Hardly need any, but I might as well top off the tank since it’s so cheap there.) Nothing more. Seriously, I am the queen of abstaining from impulse purchases. Okay . . . more like the court jester rather than the queen, but either way I will not buy anything that’s not on my shopping list!
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.