Today I am . . .
- Happy that earned enough Swagbucks to buy a $25 Paypal gift card. I used to spend my points on $5 Amazon gift cards, but they ended their $5 gift card sale, and straight-up cash is infinitely more useful. I try to earn one of these per month, but screen-free week threw me off schedule.
- Going to work to do the hands-on testing for my neonatal resuscitation certification renewal. However, I scheduled the class at the hospital a couple miles from the house rather than where I work, which is nine miles from home. I’ll save time and gasoline this way.
- Planning on assembling a pan of enchiladas to use up the ingredients that didn’t get used the other day when I absentmindedly forgot to turn on the rice cooker.
- Proud of my seventeen-year-old son who passed his driver’s test yesterday. We’ll wait awhile to actually activate his license, as the insurance is going to be a real budget buster.
- Happy that I’ve been keeping up with my free Every Dollar online budgeting tool. I put a lot of work into inputting every May transaction, and it’s nice to simply keep up with it in real time rather than reconstructing the past.
- Tickled that the last tenant at my mother’s guest cottage left an unfinished Grand Central coffee punch card that had enough on it to complete the one in my wallet. I never splurge on fancy coffees, so I now have a treat to look forward to. (I’ve been toting this card in my wallet for years!)
- Hanging half a load of laundry on an indoor clothes rack while the other half tumbles in the dryer. Oregon clouds and rain are not friendly to evaporative laundry techniques.
- Poring through my expenses and looking for any extra that can be cut.
Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.