Today I am thankful for:
- The health and wellbeing of my family and friends.
- Food, shelter and clean water.
- One very reliable automobile.
- That I have everything I need, and lack for nothing.
- My job as an RN that pays well enough to work part time while still earning a living wage.
- A functional kitchen that while is not magazine-worthy, can still handle a full day of baking and Thanksgiving prep. (Even though we’re not hosting today, I did make six pies, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, our dinner, plus a huge batch of chopped garlic yesterday.)
- Library audiobooks to download. I went through a Janet Ivanovich and an Agatha Christie yesterday!
- Delicious pumpkin pies, which were made using the puree from this year’s jack-o-lanterns.
- Wonderful readers who support one another and step up when any of us are in need with advice or even a pity haircut.
- My neighborhood and culture where I never have to worry about the safety of my sons.
- Both of my next-door-neighbors who both get non-consumerism and are happy to lend, borrow and support one another. (No Joneses here!)
- Ridiculously selfish kitty cats who show us love when their bowls are empty.
- My patients who put their trust in me when it’s time to bring a new life into the world.
- Portland’s thriving second hand market. Whether it’s Goodwill or a free pile. I’m almost always able to buy used without any extra effort.
- Living in an era of modern medicine.
- Electricity, natural gas and central heating.
- The love and support of my family.
Happy Thanksgiving, fellow non-consumers!
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.