- I took my son up to Mt Hood yesterday which was completely and perfectly enjoyable. We didn’t make this decision until around 2 o’ clock, but I’m so glad that we did. We ate a delicious dinner with my father and step-mother at their cabin, and then drove home around ten. Sometimes it’s very complicated to get away from the city, but then I remember that it’s only slightly more than a hour’s drive to change our urban surroundings and outlook. I reset the meter on the Prius to track our mileage and was pleased to see that we got 67 miles-per-gallon during the ride home. If only every trip was downhill from a mountain!
- I sold a thrifted wool rug through Craigslist this morning for $40. I have three other Craigslist items still awaiting customers, but there’s no hurry. #collegefund
- I worked Friday and brought leftovers for lunch and drank the free crappy hospital coffee. I also brought home a free framed print that used to hang on the wall. The brass frame is outdated, but it’s but the work of a moment to spray paint it black for an updated look. It’s nicely matted, so I’ll probably use it to frame some kid art.
- My father gave me a loaf of his homemade bread to bring back home to Portland.
- I was gifted two gallons of milk through my Buy Nothing Group, and in return I gave the woman a large bouquet of hydrangeas as a thank you.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.