- I arranged an end of year party at a nearby pizza restaurant for my son’s soccer team. My son ate a single slice of pizza and I was gifted three pounds of gourmet coffee from one of the players whose father is the V.P of a Portland coffee company. Schweet! I’ll likely transform one of the pounds into a Christmas gift.
- Portland’s weather has become very cold over the past few days, so I cut armloads of hydrangeas in the dark of night as there was a definite bite of winter in the air. (The flowers wilt and turn to slime after the first hard frost.) The flowers made it until morning, so I posted on my local Buy Nothing Group that people could come to my backyard today and cut their own bouquets.
- I’m reading a copy of the novel Free Food for Millionaires that I plucked from a nearby Little Free Library. I’m absolutely loving the book and will pass it along to my step-mother when I’m finished.
- Last night’s dinner was an amalgam of various leftovers that included a nice black bean chili and a small pan of homemade macaroni and cheese. Gotta get the fridge cleaned out before Thanksgiving!
- I participated in a consumer opinion survey and won an extra $25 for showing up more than fifteen minutes early. I was purposely prompt as I knew this was a possibility. In all, I earned an extra $125 for my sons’ college fund.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been doing?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.