- I was sent $85 in Outback Steakhouse gift cards as a Christmas gift from the fine folks at Clark Howard. My birthday is next week, so I’ll use them as part of my Birthday Day of Adventures. Nice to be part of their family. Thank you, Clark!
- I loaned a nice card table to a neighbor to use while she has house guests, and she gifted me a plate of assorted homemade cookies as a thank you. I’m not ashamed to admit that my son and I demolished them last night after I came home from work.
- I worked the past two days and brought leftover split pea soup with ham both days. I drank the free crappy coffee and ate some of the hospital saltines with my lunches.
- I’ve hardly bought any Christmas gifts, but will run a few errands today for consumable gifts and ingredients for consumables.
- I’ve been on the edge of sick ever since I came back from New York, and have been using handkerchiefs and cloth napkins instead of single use tissues. I watched the Netflix episode of Morgan Spurlock’s Where Does Your Garbage Go? episode from Inside Man, which featured a look at Zero Waste Home’s Beá Johnson. I’m freshly inspired to create as little garbage as possible.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.