- I relisted all of my Craigslist ads and immediately got multiple offers on a Griswold cast iron skillet that I’ve been trying to sell for a couple of weeks. It took just a couple of hours before the buyer showed up with $50 for the pan, which I’d thrifted for just $10. #collegefund
- I took a jar of homemade applesauce over to a neighbor who’s been hit hard by the past week.
- I stopped at two Goodwills this afternoon for craft supplies, and only spent $3.97, which was easily covered by a gift card. I didn’t spend any money on myself, which is the true savings.
- My husband picked up a Costco roasted chicken, which has since been transformed into multiple meals. Tonight I made a large pot of curried lentil chicken soup, which was deeee-licious. And there’s still more leftover chicken. (It’s amazing how little food we actually go through now that both of our sons are off to college.)
- I didn’t buy a Lear Jet or a gold plated apartment in the sky.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.