- After writing that I was happy to not spend the night at work due to inclement weather, I did end up spending the night at the hospital due to a forecasted ice storm. This one took me by surprise, so I didn’t have the forethought to pack up toiletries and the like. Luckily, I was able to scrounge for food, beg a $5 food voucher off my charge nurse and sleep in an empty patient room. I gotta say that I was ecstatic to finally leave the hospital after having arrived 36 hours earlier.
- I received another article assignment from Clark Howard, and will start the research for it this afternoon. It’s good to make money in my spare time.
- I called my senators and congressmen just now to encourage them to fight tooth and nail against the appointment of Betsy DeVos, who I consider to be wholly unqualified to lead the department of education. Citizen involvement doesn’t cost a penny, yet can make a big difference for the people of this great country.
- I took blank paper to create large calendar pages for the months of February and March. I know I could buy a desk calendar at Office Depot, but I’d rather make one using what I already have on hand. I saw that March is another five paycheck month for my family, which prompted a loud “whoo-hoo,” and may or may not have startled the cats.
- I cobbled together a yummy dinner of grilled cheese with sautéed onions last night, I continue to use the single $30 silicone menstrual cup that I bought nine years ago, I read a library book while off the clock at work, I didn’t buy a Lear Jet and I didn’t buy a vulgar gold-plated apartment in the sky.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.