- I’m taking advantage of some fun free offers today. These include a free Redbox movie using the code 5654UUUU, a free Russell Stover chocolate egg using a Fred Meyer e-coupon and snagging another $5 Amazon gift card from using Swagbucks.
- I was craving bagels yesterday, but didn’t really feel like driving the distance to buy them or spending any money. I went ahead and mixed up a batch of The Prudent Homemaker’s recipe and had 16 bagels ready to eat within an hour-and-a-half of starting, which included down time. I didn’t have any poppy seeds or sesame seeds on hand, so I sprinkled cornmeal on top for a nice crunchy extra. The only ingredients for bagels are flour, water, salt, yeast, sugar and an egg white. Very, very cheap to make! I substituted whole wheat pastry flour for half of the white flour, used a damp tea towel instead of plastic wrap and I saved the extra egg yolk to mix into today’s scrambled eggs. I even had a box of cream cheese that I got for free last month from combining coupons and a sale!
- Dinner last night was red lentil soup and toasted bagels. I’d thought that I didn’t have any ginger root, but I unearthed a hunk from the freezer. Extremely cheap, filling and healthy! Tonight’s dinner will be homemade pizza with diced pancetta that I picked up at The Grocery Outlet.
- My son found a two-hour public transport pass on the sidewalk, and was able to take the bus home for free from his college classes. That’s my boy!
- I’m pretty sure that I haven’t bought anything in 2015 except for food and toiletries.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.