Today I am . . .
- Holding a fresh new certification for Neonatal Resuscitation in my hand. I chose to take the online exam at a close-by hospital instead of at home (which would have been unpaid) or the hospital where I work, (long drive.) Being paid for the work that I do is a must.
- Happy to not be working today, as twelve hour shifts are kicking my butt lately.
- Pleased to have noted that I just received a raise. My last paycheck was surprisingly large, which made me note a pretty new hourly wage. Gotta love automatic raises!
- Excited that next Friday is the last day of school for my 9th and 11th-grade sons. I love being able to put aside my “What do you have for homework” style of parenting for a few months out of the year.
- Remembering that it’s hard to get much accomplished when the kids are home for the summer.
- Proud of my older son, who will be lifeguarding for the third year in a row.
- Looking forward to taking my mother to go see a theater adaptation of Somewhere in Time on Friday. This is her Christmas present, (experiential rather than solid matter) and I was even able to use a 50%-off coupon from The Chinook Book!
- Planning a backyard barbecue for next Saturday afternoon to celebrate A) The kids being out of school, B) the backyard being a thing of beauty and C) marinated meats. Must take time to celebrate the meats.
- Off to watch my younger son play soccer.
Can you tell that I’m already in a summertime state of mind?
Now you. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”