Today I am . . .
- Relaxing at a La Quinta Inn in Walla Walla, Washington. Enjoying that I used Priceline.com to snag a good deal. ($75 instead of $129.)
- Looking forward to our tour and interview at Whitman College.
- Hoping that the admission department will appreciate that my son has done 13 years in a rigorous Japanese program and accept that he doesn’t have a 4.0 G.P.A.
- Proud that I drove the 5+ hours from Portland by myself. (My husband usually takes command on road trips.) It helped that the view of the Columbia Gorge is beyond spectacular!
- Wishing that it wasn’t so beastly hot outside. It would be nice to explore the town a bit more. (It was 105° when we hit town yesterday.)
- Feeling relaxed about money. I’ve been putting money aside for visiting and applying to colleges, so the expenses have a lovely pain-free quality.
- Bummed that my camera is broken. I dropped it on the sideway last week, so it now reads that it has a “lens error.” So our entire mini-vacation will be wholly undocumented. Drat!
- Hoping that the drive back to Portland will be as engaging as the drive here.
Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”