Today I am . . .
- Happy that my middle-aged near sightedness can be fixed with a $1 pair of Dollar Tree reading glasses.
- Planning a Safeway grocery trip to take full advantage of their monthly $10-off-$50 coupon. I’ll also ask the neighbors to save their coupon for me.
- Needing to clean one of my mother’s guest cottages today since I work tomorrow and the new tenants arrive on Friday.
- Making sure I have a good library audiobook on my phone to listen to while I clean.
- Pleased with my new Descoware (Le Creuset) trivet that my step mother gave me yesterday. I grew up with it, and since there were two of them, I’ll give the extra one to my older sister. I often have to move the hot tea kettle from the stove to use the good burners on my stove, (the back burners are too small to be useful) so I now have a cool vintage trivet to sit on the counter.
- Needing to photograph a few items to sell on eBay and Craigslist. “Crap out of the house, money in!”
- Amazed with how quickly my maple trees lose their leaves this time of year. I just raked the backyard a few days ago, yet the leaves are so thick that the lawn isn’t even visible!
- Weirdly bummed that Amanda Valentine didn’t win Project Runway, but am moving on and rooting for Portland’s own Michelle Lesniak.
- Layered up to stay warm. I did turn my heat on a few days ago, but it went right back off again after Portland temperatures came back up again.
- Enjoying the mental challenge of coming up with great holiday gift ideas while spending almost nothing.
- Thinking about asking my neighbors if I can have the uncarved pumpkins that sit on their porch. (Gotta freeze enough puree to get us through to next Halloween!)
Now your turn. What are you doing today?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.