- I stopped at Goodwill to drop off my husband’s slightly faded uniform pants that he was required to replace. They still have a ton of life left in them, so hopefully someone with a less picky employer will get some use out of them. I picked up a new looking twin sheet set that was marked $7.99, but was actually half-off. Perfect purchase as all of our twin sheets are mysteriously scrappy at the moment. Add in that I’m still plugging away on a gift card from my birthday, and the $4 was definitely in my budget.
- I browned a single pound of Trader Joe’s ground beef for both marinara sauce and a bean/onion/pepper mixture for burritos. My husband and I now have the anchor for a couple different meals for this week. Needless to say, the beans were Dollar Tree pintos that I cooked in my crock pot.
- I listened to the entirety of the Hamilton soundtrack through the free Hoopla app while running errands and puttering around the house today. Luckily I was home alone by the time Alexander Hamilton’s son died in a duel, as that’s my time to ugly cry.
- I signed up for the next month of hospital shifts, which meant I was poised in front of my computer at exactly 5 P.M. I spaced out this scheduled task last month and had to scramble to get enough work.
- I didn’t buy a Lear Jet or a vulgar gold-plated apartment in the sky.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.