I’m doing another Five Frugal Things blog post today because frugality is an ever present part of my daily life.
- I stopped at Safeway on my way home from dropping my son off to play soccer. I brought a yogurt back for a refund, (the foil top has significantly loosened which I hadn’t noticed when I bought it) and was refunded a dollar. I bought sour cream and milk that were close to their sell-by date which took 50% from their cost.
- I stopped at my father’s house (which is close to the soccer field) and helped myself to some fire wood. I already had my big blue Ikea bag in the car, which made it very easy to schlep the wood from my father’s garage to the car to my living room.
- I found a quarter on the ground while at Safeway, which has now been added to my found change challenge jar.
- I used Swagbucks to locate my Found Change Challenge blog post and was rewarded with seven swagbucks!
- I looked through the Redbox at Safeway to try and rent the movie Boyhood. They didn’t have it, so I decided to save my free movie code for a machine that had one in stock. And when I got home I added it to my “wish list” on the Redbox website and will get an e-mail when it’s in. (Text ALAMPE to 727272 for your own free movie code, which is good until December 22nd.)
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.