Yesterday my sister and I drove around a wealthy area that had just completed a neighborhood garage sale day. The “free piles” were abundant and we were not shy about doing a little “shopping.”
We brought home:
- A new looking Lululemon hoodie for my niece.
- A $300 dress for my niece.
- A gliding rocker that needed a quick scrub down.
- A Gap winter coat that included two quarters and a Burt’s Bees lip balm. (Kept the money, tossed the lip balm.)
- A child’s life vest.
- Two desk lamps.
- A brand new pair of Danskos.
- A spatula.
- A blue vintage Ball jar.
- A new looking pair of girl’s ice skates.
- A lot of miscellaneous clothing.
- A wooden toy.
- A Cynthia Rowley comforter and matching sham.
I’ve already put together three Craigslist listings, added the 50¢ to my Found Change Challenge jar and washed the coat. You know my #collegefund will be a little happier by the end of the week!
Thank you, anonymous garage sale sellers!
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.