- I worked Sunday and brought leftover chicken curry soup for lunch. (For those who asked for the recipe, I simply added chicken to this recipe, although I didn’t puree it.) Of course I drank the free coffee. I was hungry on my way home from work, but remembered that I had a banana that I’d never had a chance to eat. In a 12-1/2 hour hospital shift I usually get a single 30 minute break, so I’m exhausted and starving by the end.
- I used up the last of a bottle of white wine to assemble one of The Pioneer Woman’s chicken pot pies. I hardly ever drink alcohol, so finishing a bottle of wine usually involves incorporating it into a recipe. I know this makes me a freak, but I’ve come to terms with it. 🙂
- I love the hilarious music from the TV show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, so I decided to check if my library had the first season’s soundtrack. Not only did they have it, but it was on Hoopla, which meant I was able to immediately listen to it on my phone through the Hoopla app. And since I was already on the library website, I put the second seasons of Outlander and Masters of Sex (Showtime series about Masters and Johnson) on hold as well.
- A neighbor is organizing for people on our street to put Black Lives Matter signs in our yards, and I put in an order for one. The more that people order, the less each sign will cost.
- I didn’t buy a Lear Jet or a gold plated apartment in the sky.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.