1. I saw that Amanda Soule from SouleMama.com and taproot magazine was having a meetup in a park that’s just five minutes from my house. Since she’s both close friends with my friends Ashley and Glenn English and a blogger that I admire, I knew I had no excuse not to attend. I tried to get my friend Sasha to come with me, but she was selfishly at work. It was a very enjoyable crowd, leaning heavily towards women with small children, handmade picnic quilts and knitting projects. They had copies of the magazine on a table, and people were encouraged to help themselves to one. I chose a copy with a mend theme, which I will pore through and then pass along to my friend Sasha, even if she chose to indulgently earn a living rather than hang out with me. Weirdo.
2. My father and I had made plans to get together for lunch yesterday, and since my pantry was staring to echo, I suggested Bob’s Red Mill. I had a coupon for a buy-one-get-one lunch, as well as a buy-one-get-one coupon for any Bob’s Red Mill product, up to $10. We enjoyed an inexpensive lunch and lovely conversation and then did our shopping. I stocked up on cornmeal, cumin, white beans and holy crap, did I buy a lot of flour! (This is how I used my $10-off coupon.) We then drove across the street where I bought a dozen frozen loaves of Dave’s Killer Bread for $1.99 apiece. Sadly, without a coupon.
3. The free volunteer tomato plant that my neighbor gave me has been growing like crazy and recently sprouted two adorable green tomatoes! I feel like a proud mother.
4. I pulled four wide mouth canning rings from a free pile yesterday while out walking my errands.
5. I’ve continued to not buy anything beyond food and necessary items this year, and so far I haven’t bought a Lear Jet.
Now your turn. What frugal things have you been up to?
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Instagram.
Click HERE to join The Non-Consumer Advocate Facebook group.
Click HERE to follow The Non-Consumer Advocate on Pinterest.